“The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” —Calvin
“When the power of love is stronger then the love of power the world will know peace.” —Words of wisdom found sprayed on a wall
Douglas Adam's new dictionary entries
- AALST (n.) One who changes his name to be further to the front
- ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.
- CLIXBY (adj.) Politely rude. Briskly vague. Firmly uninformative.
- FAIRYMOUNT (vb. n.) Polite word for buggery.
- LAXOBIGGING (ptcpl.vb.) Struggling to extrude an extremely large turd.
- SHOEBURYNESS (abs.n.) The vague uncomfortable feeling you get when sitting on a seat which is still warm from somebody else’s bottom
- WOKING (vb.) To enter the kitchen with the precise determination to perform something only to forget what it is just before you do it.
- JASON (n.) To be pulsating awesomeness emanating from one’s aura. Synonyms: “Dom”, “Dominique”.